Assistance Filing Your Taxes
If you live in the Charlottesville area or one of the surrounding counties, we may be able to help you file your taxes at no charge.
Our IRS-certified volunteer income tax assistance services begin in January 2023.
Get started to save money and claim tax credits owed to you.
To be eligible for in-person and drop-off tax services, your household income must be less than $62,000 and cannot include:
- Itemized deductions requiring a Schedule A
- Self-employment income over $5,000 or requiring a Schedule C
- Tip income
- Rental income
- Farm income
- Military income
- Adoption credits
- Foreign income
- Complicated or Advanced Schedule D (Capital Gains and Losses)
- Securities Transactions (Form 1099-B)
- State returns other than VA
NOTE: If you earn $73,000 or less annually, you are eligible to file your own taxes online at My Free Taxes.Learn More about Free Tax Filing Assistance