A critical incident is defined as any event that has the power to overwhelm usually effective coping mechanisms.
Examples are the death of a coworker, suicide, traumatic workplace incident, severe or cumulative workplace stress or workplace or community disaster.
The goal of FEAP is to enhance and support the resilience of the organization and its employees and facilitate return to work and productivity. Many studies have shown that the primary factor in resilience is having caring and supportive family relationships and a supportive and responsive workplace.
- Management consultation to assess and plan as well as provide guidance
- Assistance with management briefing meetings to provide factual information to staff
- On-site resiliency group sessions
- On-site 1:1 sessions with staff
- On-site outreach
- Nutritional support as indicated
- Provision of written materials to aid recovery and provide information about available resources