This is a practice session for an upcoming webinar on this topic. It is not eligible for Hoos Well rewards.
- This is a practice webinar for a monthly series of live webinars and in-person seminars that FEAP and Hoos Well will offer, beginning in February 2020. Please register only if you can provide feedback on the process and your experience.
- Your participation will help us refine the participant experience– including the registration process, your experience during the Zoom webinar, and your evaluation of it afterwards.
- We are also testing the Eventbrite platform for use in managing registration for future, in-person seminars. There will be no in-person seminar option for this practice webinar; clicking the “Register for the seminar” button above will direct you to register in Eventbrite, and also to register via Zoom.
- After registering via Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- Please send your questions or feedback about the process to EmotionalWellbeing@virginia.edu.
Develop a plan to get started on the path to flourishing today.
Ready to learn strategies to help you flourish more in your life? This engaging seminar will explore tips and tools to go from surviving to flourishing using information from the PERMA-V model of Flourishing developed by Martin Seligman with the addition of Vitality by Emiliya Zhivotovskaya.
- Participants will learn the PERMA-V model of Flourishing
- Participants will learn strategies to integrate flourishing into their lives
- Participants will identify 1-2 strategies they will start to integrate and a plan to start doing so after the class.
About the Presenter
Mary Sherman is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Certified Employee Assistance Professional with over 20 years of experience. She has worked with the University of Virginia Faculty and Employee Assistance Program since 1996. She obtained her Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology and is additionally trained as a professional coach. She has expertise helping employees improve communication skills, balance work and home, manage stress, and increase happiness. She is a dynamic and engaging presenter on a variety of positive practices designed to enhance people’s overall well-being.