Parents Have Feelings Too: A Reboot for those Who are Parenting through the Pandemic
Join FEAP and Hoos Well in this engaging webinar.
For more than a year we have been immersed in the deep end of a pool of really hard emotions. So much has been asked of us and of our kids. As parents we tend to focus on our children’s feelings. But if we don’t attend to our own, there is no way that we can tune in to or attend to theirs. Over the past year we’ve struggled and endured in ways we couldn’t have previously imagined.
In this seminar, which is part of the monthly series of emotional well-being seminars offered by UVA FEAP and Hoos Well, we will take a step back to get some perspective on where we’ve been, what we’ve learned, what’s changed and consider where we want to go next in our relationships with ourselves and with our kids.
- Reflect on what this year has meant for us as parents, and what we want to take forward for ourselves and our kids
- Learn how to share our feelings with our kids, and why doing so is important
- Understand the importance and real-life value of emotional intelligence and why it is the greatest gift that we can give to our children
- Learn strategies to grow our own emotion skills
- Tuesday June 8, 12-1pm: Register for virtual seminar
(This will be a Zoom meeting, with more opportunities for interaction)
- Thursday June 24, 3:30–4:30pm: Register for webinar
(This will be a traditional Zoom webinar)
About the Presenter
Monica Maughlin is a licensed professional counselor with more than 20 years of experience as a mental health practitioner. She began her career working with children, teens and families in a community mental health setting, where she later directed child and adolescent prevention and outpatient services. She has worked with children and families in private practice and has provided parent consultation and training over the years as a member of the FEAP team. She approaches work with children and families from a strengths-based, attachment perspective that considers the entire family system. She is passionate about helping parents grow in their relationships with themselves and their children.