Join FEAP and Hoos Well in this engaging webinar.
Stress is traditionally viewed as completely negative. We traditionally learn to manage our stress by learning and practicing relaxation strategies and cognitive strategies and increasing our social support. These tools are useful and important but there is another avenue that is equally effective: cultivating a mindset that allows us to “stress more effectively”.
Part of the monthly series of emotional well-being seminars offered by UVA FEAP and Hoos Well, this seminar will review traditional techniques and focus on how to understand and alter our stress mindset.
- Identify personal physical, emotional and behavioral responses to stress
- Distinguish the traditional understanding from the new understanding of stress
- Understand why we all have the tendency to respond negatively
- Gain insight into new ways to view and respond to stress itself
Two sessions are offered:
- Weds. April 14, 12-1pm: Register for virtual seminar (This will be a Zoom meeting, with more opportunities for interaction)
- Tuesday April 27, 3:30–4:30pm: Register for webinar (This will be a traditional Zoom webinar.)
About the Presenter
Rebecca Mason is an Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist and a Certified Employee Assistance Professional with over 30 years of experience. She has worked with the University of Virginia Faculty and Employee Assistance Program since 1993. She has expertise in helping employees manage stress, improve interpersonal/communication skills and manage anxiety, depression and crisis. She has additional experience in Substance Abuse treatment and is a Department of Transportation qualified Substance Abuse Professional. She is a member of the American and Virginia Nurses Association and Employee Assistance Professionals Association.